With support from The World Bank, Ethiopian Electric Utility, EEU, has been working to broaden the opportunities for Women in the Power Sector. What do you think can be done better to realize the programs objectives? What more should be done across the country to promote women's particicpation in the enegry value chain ?
The Key Program highlights are
- Ensuring that women are better-represented in what has been an overwhelmingly male-dominated sector,
- Developing a pipeline of future female workers,
- investigating the barriers such as hostile study environments for women and limited professional networks to navigate the school to work transition,
- developing leadership training for its female employees,
- developing its first-ever gender-based violence policy and a code of conduct
- $4.5 million to is allocated for the program