Ethiopian Energy and Power Business Portal, eepBp, is an initiative to bring together all the players in the Ethiopian energy and power business under one coordinated platform to create workable synergy for a common and long term growth opportunity.
Energy has been the engine of economic growth for the modern society and Ethiopia has recognized lately that investing on Energy and power infrastructure is worth the penny to achieve its aspiration of becoming a middle income economy by 2025 and sustain it thereafter. Although the abundant energy resources the country has and the remarkable investment to its development over the past few years has been the envy of the neighboring countries, still the energy development dynamics is inclined more to the public sector lacking the efficiency and effectiveness benefits of the private sector.
Despite the importance of the energy sector to the country’s economy, there has not been any single and easily accessible reference energy and power platform developed to date for energy practitioners and researchers across the country for them to study and add value to the overall efforts of the nation based on country specific realities. As a result of the lack of the kind of interactive learning platforms, the country has been a follower from behind in many aspects instead of becoming among the technology leaders and be able to tap the real benefits of the technological innovations in time.
Given the large amount of investment Ethiopia has made over the years and the experience it enjoyed/gained in developing, building/constructing, commissioning and operating of energy and power infrastructures, it could have been able to export knowledge and expertise to other countries in the region and elsewhere to the benefit of the country. Despite the efforts of individuals, this has not been the case as a whole.
eepBp acknowledges the significance of bringing together all the views on Ethiopian energy and power business to create a common knowledge so that all the stakeholders make an informed decisions. Leveraging the founder’s ample knowledge and experience on the sector, the portal will also shed light on the new developments across the globe guiding the possibility of adapting the external knowledge to the local context and vice versa. And in time, the portal will involve interested experts on the subject to create an interactive and lasting impact on Ethiopian energy and power sector business environment.
Ethiopia has made a commendable progress in increasing the electricity access coverage throughout the country over the past couple of years, yet the country has a lot to do on the last mile connections to reach more households across a variety of economic, political, geographic and societal scenarios . eepBp envisions to share all the views under one platform to learn from one another and contribute for the success of the county's energy and power sector aspirations and in the mean time helping businesses gain economic benefits.
In short eepBp aspires to :
- Bring together all local content and outside related knowledge and share the differing views under one umbrella,
- Promote the importance and significance of the energy and power sector development to advance Ethiopia’s economy,
- Advocate the need to invest on renewables and diversify energy resources to sustain the energy security,
- Promote the value of treating power as a commodity to tap the real benefits of the sector,
- Promote the significant of involving the private sector to drive not just the energy and power sectors but also the overall business environment forward,
- Highlight the need to equally work on energy efficiency,
- Advise startups and investors of any kind who wants to make a difference on Ethiopian energy and power sector businesses,
- promote the significance of workable country and regional level policies, regulations and directives, and become a policy analysis and debate platform,
- Work with sector practitioners and experts, public institutions, energy and power businesses, development and commercial financial institutions to make a difference on Ethiopian energy and power businesses together,
- Share insights of better sector practices, innovations and updates to policy makers, utility providers, consultants and practitioners and electricity consumers for all to act not just economically but also responsibly,
- Provide business development, market intelligence and investment advisory services to the wider business community which would like to engage on Ethiopian energy and power businesses.
Effective date: September 02, 2019
Ethiopian energy and power businesses,eepBp("us", "we", or "our") operates the http://ethioenergybuz.com/ website and (hereinafter referred to as the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Service means the http://ethioenergybuz.com/ website operated by eepBp.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device ("Usage Data").
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
eepBp uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Ethiopia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Ethiopia and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
eepBp may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of eepBp
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
As an European citizen, under GDPR, you have certain individual rights. You can learn more about these guides in the GDPR Guide.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By visiting this page on our website: http://ethioenergybuz.com/